[kwlug-disc] configuring ubuntu server wireless without changing /etc/network/interfaces?

Daniel Jolkowski danijolk at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 19 18:04:31 EDT 2010

I am using an ubuntu desktop 9.10 and my /etc/network/interfaces file only has a loop back entry. I'm using gnome-network-manager to manage connections.

I believe all the /etc/network/interfaces file does is bring up selected interface when you imagine you might want it to be brought up and with some pre-imagined parameters and that issuing 'ifconfig iface command' is essentially performing the same kind of operations.

djolk