[kwlug-disc] Linux winning over coprorate sites

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Wed Apr 14 16:17:26 EDT 2010

FWIW, I'm finding more and more sites simply use https only. Not
really sure why, but that's been my observation. My speculation is
that users just know everything is 'safe', rather than having to watch
things go back and forth between http and https. (This is a real bear
with Rogers as an ISP, as every such page is so much slower.)

John Van Ostrand wrote, On 04/14/2010 10:19 AM:
> The Netcraft surveys (http://news.netcraft.com/ssl-sample-report/)
> have always been interesting to me. Seeing the sometimes large
> swings in sites as enormous hosting companies are wooed by
> Microsoft to switch, only to have another abandon Windows in favour
> of Linux.
.
.
.