[kwlug-disc] YAK Internet + Home Phone deal for Kitchener

Colin Mackay zixiekat at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 08:20:57 EDT 2010

That deal is over.  It ended on March 31st, apparently.

At times, they do have issues with the 10Mbps offering.  They have a
simple tool to use to see if your home is within a certain area, but
do not truly know until the order is put through with a contractor
that actually tests and installs the DSLAM.  Apparently, I am over 6km
away from the CO where they can offer me 10Mbps, so I am getting
5Mbps.

I'm still switching, as the connection still has no cap and no throttling.

We've had the phone since last Thursday and I can't complain...  it
sounds like a POTS phone line.  No echoing, etc.

If I remember tomorrow I'll grab some speed tests should the install go ahead.