[kwlug-disc] One distro, another kernel?

Lori Paniak ldpaniak at fourpisolutions.com
Mon Apr 12 13:57:04 EDT 2010

I'd try any/all kernel chimeras out in a (disposable) virtual machine
before trying it in real life.

Are you sure you don't just want to compile a driver module or two?

As Paul noted, I believe there have been great changes in udev since
2.6.18. I'm sure there have been plenty of other changes in the past
three/four years as well.