[kwlug-disc] Speaking of the Commodore 64

Darcy Casselman dscassel at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 12:18:05 EDT 2010

On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 12:02 PM, William Park <opengeometry at yahoo.ca> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 11:53:41AM -0400, John Van Ostrand wrote:
> > A company has bought the Commodore name and is marketing a computer
> > under the brand with a likeness to it's namesake
> >
> > http://www.commodoreusa.net/index.html
>
> Probably, "too little, too late".  It's laptop without screen. :-)

I like that they ship Ubuntu CDs by default with their computers.

I'd get one, except the price seems a bit steep for what you get, and
the website looks really sketchy.  I have no confidence that they
actually *tested* Ubuntu, and I suspect they're just dropping a free
CD with commodity hardware.

Darcy.