[kwlug-disc] yet another linux wireless router

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Sat Apr 3 12:24:43 EDT 2010

Khalid Baheyeldin wrote, On 03/31/2010 4:45 PM:
> On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 5:33 PM, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at crashcourse.ca
> <mailto:rpjday at crashcourse.ca>> wrote:
>

>     http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Linksys-E2100L-/
>

> This is cool.

Nah. No GB or 5 GHz.

And the more capable sister product mentioned has no USB.

Hurry up and wait.

> But is the Linux flash-able with OpenWRT and friends? Or does it have
> proprietary blobs for certain components?

Agreed (that questions remain). e.g. Web interfaces 'lines' for
'filtering' typically aren't numerous enough to be even default
effective. An iptables-like interface is going to have to be de
rigeur. e.g. Denying access, coming or going, to all the disparate
undefined address space ranges, e.g. 0.0.0.0 - ?.?.?.?. [Can't recall
the first range, of many, off the top of my head.]

Let alone a squid (?) like interface for traffic management via name,
not just ip address.

Both of which, I'm guessing, OpenWRT has.