[kwlug-disc] please, dear god, kill me now

john at netdirect.ca john at netdirect.ca
Mon Sep 28 15:19:00 EDT 2009

An interesting twist on marketing, arranged parties. Microsoft seems to
have arranged with houseparty.com to organize the launch party campaign.

We've all heard about Tupperware parties and Avon parties, even risky
adult-themed parties, they've been a niche marketing tactic for a small
set of products. It seems that HouseParty.com is offering companies a way
to utilize house parties for marketing and offering hosts a theme and some
support for parties.

The site has a strange mix of brands using the service from Hunt's
Tomatoes to Ford.

>From the site it looks like there are 815 Windows 7 launch parties ready
to go in the SWO/GTA area and about 50 in K-W. One hosts' pseudonym is
"mindless", that's just priceless.

John Van Ostrand
Net Direct Inc.

CTO, co-CEO