[kwlug-disc] free MS software for 3 years

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 24 17:26:16 EDT 2009

john at netdirect.ca wrote:
> I think they are reacting to the free software movement. They need to
> provide free software, but they can't. The compromise is that they offer
> it free for a period.

This is one of the reasons why when making arguments in favour of Free software the lowercase "free" is not prominent. I am surprised how many "advocates" focus their argument in "zero entry cost". Other software can share that benefit" free ware, give aways, offers, bundles, etc.

Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices
http://rarsa.blogspot.com/