[kwlug-disc] free MS software for 3 years

john at netdirect.ca john at netdirect.ca
Thu Sep 24 09:53:09 EDT 2009

I think that MS is starting to get tired of second place on the web
platform and last place in the web application market. They can buy web
platform market share for parked domains, but they don't have the
application integration.

I can imagine many large and small companies using open source
applications that are platform agnostic. They don't care or know about
Exchange or Sharepoint. I think Microsoft's plan is to have competition
for those great open source applications that requires Sharepoint and
other MS software.

John Van Ostrand
Net Direct Inc.

CTO, co-CEO