[kwlug-disc] Burning Karmic's Kubuntu netbook remix

Lori Paniak ldpaniak at fourpisolutions.com
Sat Oct 31 21:50:47 EDT 2009

You still use disks?

I noticed that the netbook images don't fit on CD, which is not a
problem for machines that typically do not have optical drives.  I find
they work very well off of USB with unetbootin.  You could burn it to
DVD if you wanted.

The straight "USB" images from Debian (hd-media) come as img files which
can be dd'd onto a stick.

The future is disk-less!