[kwlug-disc] WWITPRO - October Event

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Fri Oct 23 18:39:21 EDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 5:40 PM, Paul Nijjar <paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 12:15:11AM -0400, Chris Irwin wrote:
> > On Wed, 2009-10-21 at 23:29 -0400, unsolicited wrote:
> > > What about QEMU, VirtualBox, Xen, etc.
> >
> > Personally I'm a fan of libvirt + KVM & QEMU.
> Personally I'm a fan of (watching, not giving) KWLUG presentations on
> libvirt + KVM & QEMU.
> More generally, I'm a fan of watching KWLUG presentations on how far
> people take the open-source virtualization solutions in "the real
> world".
> For what it's worth ...

I used Qemu in the past, and it was OK.

I moved to Virtualbox, and it is easier to setup VMs for it than in Qemu.

Bridging the host's Intel wifi adapter precludes certain scenarios though,
example, setting up an Apache/LAMP VM and connecting to it from the host's
browser. This a limitation in the networking driver though, not any of the
software though.

I too am interested in seeing presentations on the free VM packages.