[kwlug-disc] DNS getting hinky?

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Thu Oct 22 16:09:18 EDT 2009

Anyone else experiencing intermittent DNS wonkiness?

When one moment wikipedia resolves, and a minute later not, it's
irritating. Same on google. To pick a couple.

I even went and changed my DNS on one machine to uunet only
(, to no change.

[At one point, I had the sense that people felt uunet had gone
downhill / gotten slower, but that feeling reversed itself last year
some time. It seems. Am I remembering correctly?]

There has been list discussions in the past regarding their preferred
/ favourite DNS servers, but I didn't have a real solid sense of a

For the moment, anyone else experiencing DNS weirdness? i.e. Do I need
to be looking more closely internally?