[kwlug-disc] Ontario GNU Linux Fest Carpooling

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Wed Oct 14 03:54:31 EDT 2009

OK, PickUpPal has potential...

The user agreement wobbles a bit off ("we can change these terms, and
you have to find out for yourself, nyah nyah" - paraphrased), and they
seem awfully cavalier about distributing my personal information (but I
guess they have to, in order to connect people together).  And the
agreement seems to overdo the legal aspects ("Don't transport nuclear
weapons, or things that smell bad") while also absolving themselves of
all blame.

Still, the idea is sound. I've created a PickUpPal group for Ontario
GNU/Linux Fest, and added my ride.  Let's see if it has legs.  Or
wheels.  But I'll keep the Google map up too, for the moment.
http://www.pickuppal.com/pup/group/Ontario-GNULinux-Fest

--Bob.

>>> kwlug-disc_kwlug.org at kwlug.org