[kwlug-disc] Debian -- News -- Debian pushes development of kFreeBSD port

Cory Oldford cory at peaceworks.ca
Fri Oct 9 15:04:33 EDT 2009

I imagine debian will have an arch and release specific repository for both precompiled binary packages and source packages. The big change here is apt and the debian base system supporting a bsd kernel. I suspect much of the end user experience will be the same. As it stands most of the BSDs already had ports of the GNU utilities etc.

--
Cory Oldford