[kwlug-disc] Debian -- News -- Debian pushes development of kFreeBSD port

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Wed Oct 7 16:51:28 EDT 2009

Interesting.

Anyone got any links as to why one would choose one kernel over the
other? Pros / Cons, choices? I've always had the impression that BSD
isn't as advanced / current hardware wise (driver availability) but is
more robust / rigorous / solid / {something}.

Guess I gotta remember that Gnu is not Debian is not Linux.

The link makes mention of kernels. To what extent does Debian impact
kernels, or is it merely just a packager / user / includer of them
(kernels).