[kwlug-disc] Security arguments

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Fri Oct 2 15:16:58 EDT 2009

This thread has given me deja vu. From the aforementioned 'Producing
Open Source Software' http://producingoss.com/en/index.html,
specifically, I think, but I'm not sure:
http://producingoss.com/en/setting-tone.html#code-review.

Paul's comments, especially:

	So it's left to each individual programmer to take
	responsibility for his own code, and make programming hard for
	himself: finding the best way to do a given task, and
	eliminating repetition.  This takes time,
	money, patience, and attention to every detail.

reminds me how I so wish kwlug had a (community) project. Some way to
get my feet wet without having to try to do the whole thing myself,
alone, right off the bat.

 From my own recent experiences, I've come to realize it doesn't even
have to be a coding project. And not even for kwlug - it could easily
be a set of kwluggers doing something for a community group.

Got me what it could / should be though.