[kwlug-disc] haneWIN NFS Server,for Windows

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Thu Nov 26 16:12:35 EST 2009

Came across this http://www.hanewin.net/nfs-e.htm, FWIW. Don't know
anything about it / haven't used it. Haven't seen an NFS solution for
windows that resonates for me, to date. Maybe I'll try this next time
the mood strikes me.

i.e. A more 'native' Linux to Windows file sharing mechanism than SMB.
If it's worth the effort - Samba seeming to have taken hold of the
world more prevalently. Effectiveness does that I suppose.

I actually came across the link on a 'popcorn hour' search, as a way
for the box to pick up files off the local network. And NFS being
problematic on Windows.

The issue (NFS on Windows) does seem to be a periodically recurring
item. I think I first ran into it trying to fetch files from Windows
to Linux - I was probably playing with rsync at the time. I remember
Richard ran into this too, playing with a LinkSys box IIRC.