[kwlug-disc] Linux replacement for Windows Domain Server

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Wed Nov 25 00:36:42 EST 2009

I've been reading stuff at http://samba.org/ but the best I'd been able
to come up with was that "Samba can act as a standalone file- and
print-server".  Not quite the domain controller I'm looking for.

Ralph Janke points me to Samba4, which still appears to be under major
development: Samba4 "should be considered _experimental_, and should
not be used in production."  But I'm lured by "One of the goals of
Samba4 is to implement an Active Directory compatible Domain Controller"
and that's the thing I'm looking for.

Thanx all!

--Bob.