[kwlug-disc] intermittent NIC?

john at netdirect.ca john at netdirect.ca
Thu Nov 19 06:57:29 EST 2009

It sounds like you have a bad nic. If its a problem with autonegotiation you can try hard coding the settings with mii-tools. If that works configure your nic with hose values. It will be a constant headache since you have to remember to change the settings if you change switches.

A $10 nic isn't a bad solution.

John Van Ostrand CTO, co-CEO
Net Direct Inc
564 Weber St. N. Unit 12