[kwlug-disc] Microsoft .NET Micro Open Sourced ...

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 17 16:37:51 EST 2009

Regardless of whatever purpose MS may have, it is clear that slowly they are getting past the laughing and fighting.

FLOSS is far from wining but the perspective is better every time.

Personally I think that they don't care about this technology. They found it useless so they are giving it away.

They may not realize that creative hackers can make something useful out of it. They also know that many FLOSS people won't touch it just because the MS involvement.

The important lesson here is: If FLOSS were irrelevant and a non factor, they could have very well let the platform die. Let's say that they found a recycle bin that wins them some good will.

Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices
http://rarsa.blogspot.com/