[kwlug-disc] Anyone played with miro? Impressions?

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 12 11:45:45 EST 2009

--- On Thu, 11/12/09, Colin Mackay <zixiekat at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ever since I installed MythTV, we just schedule shows to
> watch, we almost never use Live TV.  If I can just download
> them during the night, I'd happily dump satellite TV.
> Any Canadian news program feeds?

Broadcast TV content is not necessarily the same as Internet TV content.

There is no Hulu or similar service in Canada, so the content I watch is for example from:

http://revision3.com --> Provides HD programming they produce
http://www.theonion.com --> If you haven't watched, you should
http://www.dilbert.com --> Short dilbert cartoons
http://www.nasa.gov/centers/marshall/news/chandra/ --> Awesome HD videos of far away galaxies.

But like that there are hundreds of sites. But no traditional broadcast (cable) content.