[kwlug-disc] Topics for future meetings

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Thu Nov 5 00:20:26 EST 2009

On Wed, Nov 04, 2009 at 10:01:35PM -0500, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 7:08 PM, Paul Nijjar <paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca> wrote:
>

> Would you settle for 30 minutes then?

Okay. You twisted my arm. I have set up the June presentation as a
demo night. In addition to Screen I think some of the topics people
have mentioned elsethread (configuring Grub 2, upstart, udev, dbus)
would make excellent short presentation fodder. Now we just have to
find some other arms to twist (and if you are hesitant to have your
arm twisted, don't worry: you have until June to learn the stuff).

I have arbitrarily set July to be Chris Frey's git presentation, and
August to be Raul presenting programming languages. If these are bad
months for the presenters then they can be moved around.

I have not slotted in the "Contributing to Open Source" presentation
but I made a skeleton for it. Personally I think it would make an
excellent September presentation.

I would still like to voluntell Adam to do his presentation, but I
won't force the issue.

I hope the respective presenters will flesh out their presentation
descriptions so we won't have to embarrass them in public.

- Paul

P.S. Although this scheduling is rather crazy I have to say that I am
appreciating the momentum while it lasts. Getting presenters used to
be like pulling teeth. I am not sure what has changed, but I am pretty
sure Richard is somehow to blame.