[kwlug-disc] KWLUG - The Kitchener Waterloo Linux User Group new content notification: 2009-11-04 15:05

webhost at kwlug.org webhost at kwlug.org
Wed Nov 4 15:05:13 EST 2009

Greetings mail-forum-merge,

Recent content - 1 new post

1. Linux Mint for the FLOSS Fund
Published Nominee by Raul Suarez
[ http://kwlug.org/node/688 ]

Linux Mint is an Ubuntu derivative but instead of just repackaging
Ubuntu with a different art work, they improve on Ubuntu while being
compatible. e.g. if you search for help on a problem the response that
applies to Ubuntu also applies to Mint
The whole OS feels cleaner, the packaging of the media codecs is not
encumbered by US laws and I just like the menu.
In my humble opinion they have already solved many of the paper cuts
that Ubuntu is trying to solve.

--
This is an automatic e-mail from KWLUG - The Kitchener Waterloo Linux
User Group.