[kwlug-disc] Recommendations for a DSL modem

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Tue Nov 3 15:55:25 EST 2009

I've had great success with the Thompson Speedtouch ST516 for several
clients.  Simple, does bridging or routing, and has some rudimentary
filtering and firewall capabilities (which I don't use 'cos I have a
REAL router).

Best of all, they're available locally through the Acme Telephone
Company (yes, really! Visions of coyotes...)

Catalog and shopping cart at http://www.speedtouch.ca/

$44.95 is one of the lowest prices for this modem I've seen, and maybe
Dave can let you pick it up and save the shipping charges.

--Bob.