[kwlug-disc] FreeDOS

Oksana Goertzen ogoertzen at gmail.com
Fri May 29 10:17:06 EDT 2009

Apparently it only has drivers for specific models.  It was designed to use
an external DVD
attached via a PC.  I don't have 'the' external DVD drive nor do I have the
recovery disk.
The drivers are available on the Toshiba site.  I have the url and all is
good there.
It is a cute little machine though  :D  and still in good shape.

http://www.mobiletechreview.com/notebooks/toshiba3500_xp_tablet.htm

"The box and sticker on the wrist rest area of the 3505 state that an
external DVD drive is included (reads CDs, CDRs and DVDs). Well guess what
boys and girls: you won't find one in the box! Instead you'll get a coupon
that you can mail in to get a Targus Noteworthy DVD drive that connects to
the Toshiba via a PCMCIA card. This isn't good news if you don't have an
external CD drive handy-- without one, there's no way to install software,
read the manuals (supplied as .pdf files on the CD) or to use the included
recovery disks. If you need to boot from the recovery disks to set your 3505
back to the factory install state, you must use the drive from Toshiba, the
machine will not boot from any other CD drive (though you can use other CD
drives for non-boot tasks). The coupon is good until Jan. 15, 2003, and I
hope at some point before then, the DVD drive will ship in the box."