[kwlug-disc] FreeDOS

Oksana Goertzen ogoertzen at gmail.com
Thu May 28 22:16:45 EDT 2009

Hello Everyone,

I have in my possession an old PIII Toshiba Tablet.  It has no cd rom in it
and it doesn't boot from USB.  I need to reinstall Windows on it.  I'm
thinking of taking the hard drive out, partitioning it with Linux, making
one
partition bootable, loading FreeDOS on that partition and putting the
install files for the XP Tablet edition on there and setting it up again.
Has anyone attempted anything like this?  Does this sound like it might
work?  It also supports PXE boot (something I've never worked with,
but will be soon - however I want to set it up before then).  :)

Thanks, Oksana