[kwlug-disc] Multiple gateways on one subnet

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Mon May 25 18:45:13 EDT 2009

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 05:29:19PM -0400, L.D. Paniak wrote:
> Here is a clear discussion of multi-ISP from the point of view of Shorewall:
> http://www.shorewall.net/MultiISP.html#Overview
>
> It may be useful.

Thanks. It's clearly going to take more work for me to understand
this, but it is a good document. Even knowing thet the proper term is
"multi-isp" is helpful.

Overall I think that IPCop is the wrong tool for this job. I think it
does not even have iproute2, which many tutorials (including the
Shorewall page) want me to use. In the interest of laziness and impatience
I may chicken out and use DHCP reservations to solve the problem.

- Paul