[kwlug-disc] Server hard start

Insurance Squared Inc. gcooke at insurancesquared.com
Mon May 25 12:48:51 EDT 2009

We just had power drop in the office, and the machines went down hard
before I could shut them all down somewhat gracefully.

My backup/dns server has something like 500gigs, and seems to be wanting
to do a thorough check on all that before it comes back to life.  And
that's taking forever.  Do I have to let it finish checking the HD's? or
can I skip this.  Alternatively, any guesses on how long we have to wait
before our DNS comes back - an hour?  Three?

g.