[kwlug-disc] how to save .docx files as .docx files?

john at netdirect.ca john at netdirect.ca
Tue May 19 15:28:39 EDT 2009

kwlug-disc-bounces at kwlug.org wrote on 05/19/2009 02:42:39 PM:
>   i've been sent a .docx format file to comment on, so i opened it in
> OOo (version 3.1), turned on Changes->Record to track whatever edits i
> made, but when i tried to save, OOo doesn't appear to want to let me
> save it in .docx format.  do i just save it back to .doc and hand it
> back?  is that the best i can get?  thanks.

Should you not be able to just name it .DOCX and send it back? The
receiver probably won't know the difference. I'm sure Word is as hard
coded as possible to save DOCX files as transparently as possible.

Personally I enjoy telling people that I don't take the new format.

John Van Ostrand
Net Direct Inc.
564 Weber St. N. Unit 12
Waterloo, ON N2L 5C6