[kwlug-disc] Mobile internet 'sticks'

zixiekat at gmail.com zixiekat at gmail.com
Mon May 18 19:31:10 EDT 2009

My inlaws do not have internet and are unlikely to get it anytime soon. I offered to get it for them, but they refused. They do not own a computer and never will.

I know cell coverage is good where they live, so I really need to know which of the USB sticks work easily in Linux.

I have only found a few, old, articles on the subject. So either no one uses them with Linux, or no one has any issues with them. I just don't really want to have to install WinXP on my laptop.

I was hoping some of the KWLUG members had used these things. Forums, here I come!

Thanks.

P.S. If I get one of these things, I'll report back on my findings.