[kwlug-disc] Mobile internet 'sticks'

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Sun May 17 19:57:41 EDT 2009

On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 7:11 PM, Colin Mackay <zixiekat at gmail.com> wrote:

> I currently use Fedora 10 on my laptop, and I am wondering if anyone out
> there has had any experience with either Bell or Rogers and their mobile usb
> sticks?
>
> I am looking into it, not to replace my home connection, but for when I am
> roaming around, or at the in-laws up in Wiarton.

I looked into this briefly a month ago.

Here is a bookmark that I saved
http://www.flashinthepan.ca/computer-tips/linux-computer-tips/rogers-rocket-mobile-internet-stick-on-gentoo-linux-part-1

If the USA is any indication, I saw lots of people there with Ubuntu laptops
and netbooks
with T-Mobile and Sprint USB sticks that work without the need for any
special drivers.

Hope that helps.
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin