[kwlug-disc] Clock-time limits

Chris Irwin chris at chrisirwin.ca
Wed May 6 19:31:15 EDT 2009

List, is there a way to limit the amount of clock-time a program is
allowed to run?

I currently use offlineimap via cron to cache my mail locally. It
unfortunately seems to have a habit of becoming unresponsive if it
happens to be active when I suspend/resume my laptop (probably the
network disappearing). This then causes me to not (locally) receive any
mail as when spawned by cron again it bails out due to the existing
process.

I could add 'pkill offlineimap' to the start of my wrapper script, but
was hoping for something more elegant.

--
Chris Irwin <chris at chrisirwin.ca>