[kwlug-disc] KWLUG - The Kitchener Waterloo Linux User Group new content notification: 2009-05-03 13:21

webhost at kwlug.org webhost at kwlug.org
Sun May 3 13:21:22 EDT 2009

Greetings mail-forum-merge,

Recent content - 1 new post

1. GPSBabel
Published Nominee by aglauser
[ http://kwlug.org/node/648 ]

>From the GPSBabel homepage:
"GPSBabel converts waypoints, tracks, and routes between popular GPS
receivers and mapping programs. It also has powerful manipulation tools
for such data.
By flattening the Tower of Babel that the authors of various programs
for manipulating GPS data have imposed upon us, it returns to us the
ability to freely move our own waypoint data between the programs and
hardware we choose to use."
I use GPSBabel to retrieve data from my GPS so that I can use it for
Openstreetmap.
Contribution link: http://www.gpsbabel.org/ under "Supporting the
project"

--
This is an automatic e-mail from KWLUG - The Kitchener Waterloo Linux
User Group.