[kwlug-disc] Top 7 Reasons People Quit Linux

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Sat May 2 10:40:39 EDT 2009

I actually concur on the condescending tone.

It is a very defensive article. It also assumes that all users should be technically adept.

When he says that "it is the same in Windows". Well, some users never do anything in windows but use it, If they have an issue they just pay for support.

I mean for us geeks if we have an issue with Windows we try to fix it and sometimes is as frustrating or more. For the non technically adept user maybe the only frustration is having to take the computer somewhere else, wait and pay.

That's how I think it should be approached. Yes, It's not a perfect ride but it's a trade-off. Pick your value system and choose whatever matches it. Don't put down people that have a different value system.

Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices
http://rarsa.blogspot.com/