[kwlug-disc] Top 7 Reasons People Quit Linux

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Sat May 2 09:49:43 EDT 2009

On Sat, 2 May 2009, L.D. Paniak wrote:

> In light of Paul's sales pitch for Linux, it might be useful to look at
> the flip-side:
>
> http://www.pcworld.com/article/164205/why_people_quit_linux.html

  i wish i could praise that article, but i can't -- it's really
pretty patronizing:

  3. I tried Linux but I had to type commands!

  OMG!!! Really?

  But seriously. So what? Are you scared of the keyboard?

when you're trying to make a case for linux, it's probably a bad idea
to intellectually demean the people you're addressing.

rday

Linked In:                             http://www.linkedin.com/in/rpjday