[kwlug-disc] recommendations for an entry-level double-sided laser printer?

L.D. Paniak ldpaniak at fourpisolutions.com
Mon Mar 23 12:58:21 EDT 2009

I've got a Lexmark C520 (non-duplex) which works very well with Linux
(supports PCL6).  The only problem is that it seems to go through
consumables *much* more quickly than what they are rated for.  Does
anyone else find this to be an issue when using Linux/HP/ppd drivers for
printing from Linux in general?

Cedric, if you have used your Samsung for some time, could you maybe
comment on the rate consumables are being used (better/worse than expected).

BTW: Samsung 610ND at DirectDial.com for $359.

Thanks,
Lori