[kwlug-disc] recommendations for an entry-level double-sided laser printer?

Cedric Puddy cedric at thinkers.org
Fri Mar 20 11:41:32 EDT 2009

Hi Folks,

I recently bought a Samsung 610ND, and have been very pleased with it:

	- duplex
	- colour
	- reasonably high-capacity consumables (so for our use, they would
need changing every couple of years)
	- postscript (native 4-up, etc.)
	- Linux/Mac/Windows friendly
	- networking built in
	- good bang for the buck (about $400) (Most of the printers in this
class are $600 and way up)

	- it's a big box, so look at the dimensions, and think about where
you will tuck it (under a desk)?

Brother makes a much more compact duplexing colour laser, so you might
want to consider that.

There are cheaper/smaller/different boxes, but at least for my
interests, the 610nd involved the least compromise.

	All the Best,