[kwlug-disc] Unlimitel/ATA pricing

Adam Glauser adamglauser at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 09:55:41 EDT 2009

unsolicited wrote:
> [S]ign up with Unlimitel. AND MIGRATE YOUR CURRENT POTS NUMBER
> TO THEM. Goodbye Bell.

I wanted to confirm that I could really keep my current number.  I had
trouble at first finding it on the Unlimitel site, but they actually
have a "check if your number can be ported" tool right on the home page.
  Sweet!

I'm surprised they don't make it stand out a bit more, I think that
would be a huge selling point.

> Next step, but could have been done earlier - add Asterisk [... ]
> and take control of your own call
> routing. [...] Perhaps if your house phone doesn't answer, you
> auto-forward it to your cell phone. And if it too doesn't answer, take
> voice mail.

It occurs to me that with a cellular plan that includes a "my
favourites" feature (free calling to specified numbers), this could be
_really_ slick.

 > THIS (ABOVE) IS THE ESSENCE OF THE BEAUTY AND THE SIMPLICITY OF
 > LORI'S PRESENTATION

I thought "_moisure_ is the essence of beauty" :D