[kwlug-disc] Job offer: J2EE Software Development Manager

Chris Irwin chris at chrisirwin.ca
Thu Mar 12 21:05:16 EDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-03-12 at 16:40 -0400, Oksana Goertzen wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 4:26 PM, Chris Irwin <chris at chrisirwin.ca>
> wrote:

>         They should probably be included anyway since I agree that it
>         is good to at least help somebody get a job, but it would be
>         at least nice for the head hunter to donate a bit from the fee
>         to the FLOSS fund as thanks.

> Uh.. but don't we get into the whole 'money is dirty' conundrum if we
> start asking for donations from companies who want to leverage our
> community?

I simply said it would be "nice", not that it should be required. By no
means should it be required. Just as regular donations to the floss fund
from the rest of us is "nice", but in no way required to attend or
participate in meetings.

The only reason I mentioned it is that the agency posting this ad stands
to make (from experience with the company I'm at now) a considerable
amount of money for a successful posting. But it was an observation, and
by no means a policy suggestion. Nobody should take any policy I suggest
seriously anyway :)

--
Chris Irwin <chris at chrisirwin.ca>