[kwlug-disc] Schedules direct: What do you think about them?

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 8 21:13:09 EDT 2009

Thanks for your responses.

Yes I agree that 20 dolars is little money in absolute terms.

I am still put off by the fact that they ask for my home address. It's not as if they'll send me a bill or come to do an installation. What I know is that they will have it on record and regardless their best intentions I don't know how they are securing it.

When dealing with third party data a rule of thumb is "Never store more information that what's absolutelly necesary"

Another thing that put me off is that you cannot even ask questions about their privacy policy:

"Because of how businesses and lawyers work, we're unable to comment directly about it, or offer any interpretations, so please don't ask us to."

I know that the lawyers should do the interpretation, but if something is not clear, they should send it to the lawyers for an answer. How can we trust them with our data if then don't even understand what they can do with it? Even with the best of intentions they may screw up.

It seems that for them the privacy policy is just a piece of paper that the lawyers wrote because they needed it instead of a binding policy that they should understand and follow.

Am I off base here?

Not being any other reasonable options I will subscribe

In my view they are honestly good guys and your experiences confirm it. It is just that I don't know how good they are at data management.

Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices
http://rarsa.blogspot.com/