[kwlug-disc] PC/hardware question

L.D. Paniak ldpaniak at fourpisolutions.com
Mon Mar 2 17:14:23 EST 2009

LED backlit monitors are out now and should be widely available in the
next few months eg.

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/products/Displays/productdetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&cs=cadhs1&sku=320-7958

These should cut power consumption in half and still be reasonably priced.

Any modern dual-core PC has plenty of computing power for office use and
many can match the Energy Star 4 ratings for efficiency:

http://www.energystar.org.tw/pdf/Computer_Spec_Final.pdf

I agree with Oksana that Virtualbox is a great way to run other OSs in
Linux for those applications that require an MS platform.