[kwlug-disc] FreeDOS

Oksana Goertzen ogoertzen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 14:08:13 EDT 2009

Final update:

I did get it working with the recovery cd's from Toshiba.  I had tried to
boot it
with a Sony usb CD/DVD burner from work and it wouldn't boot off the cd.  So
I brought it home and brought home my usb floppy with a floppy boot disk
and I used my personal Samsung usb CD/DVD drive with the recovery cd in
the drive.  I also hooked up an external display so I could see what was
going
on.  I also had further info on how to get to the boot device menu with info
from
the Toshiba recovery cd's.  Miraculously, it booted up from the cd and not
the floppy and happily went along it's way.. so in the end I recovered from
the factory cd's.  :)  All is well, except that the tablet part isn't really
workable,
as it has a large area on the touch screen that is no longer touch
sensitive.
lol  .. but that's how it goes with old hardware.  :)  I have a smallish
laptop
for my little one to play on.

Thank-you to everyone who assisted with this and provided lots of great
ideas.  :)

- Oksana