[kwlug-disc] Slightly OT: Make:KW meeting this Thursday

Eric Gerlach eric+kwlug at gerlach.ca
Mon Jun 29 16:24:19 EDT 2009

Hi everyone,

This is a bit off-topic, but I know a lot of Linux people are DIY people
in general, so there's going to be some intersection of interests.

Make:KW is having a meeting this Thursday at the Huether Hotel,
downstairs in The Cavern at 7:30 PM.  It's a great opportunity to
socialize with other people who like to make things.  From the event
listing[1]:

"Feel free to bring your latest projects to show off while we enjoy fine
dining, mingling, and of course an exceptional selection of drinks. For
those who haven't been able to make it previously, nows your chance to
get in on the awesome. Name tags will be provided  ;)"

Of course, bringing projects is optional :-)  (My latest is sitting, not
quite functional, on the dining room table)

We're also working on an initiative[2] to create a Hackerspace here in
Waterloo Region.  If the idea of having a place to hang out and
hack/build appeals to you, come on out on Thursday and ask us about it.

Hope to see you on Thursday, then!  If not, next Monday for sure!

Cheers,

Eric

	[1]: http://makekw.org/events/20090702
	[2]: http://makekw.org/hackerspace