[kwlug-disc] July meeting: at the Heuther -- food

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Sat Jun 20 20:28:20 EDT 2009

Richard Weait wrote, On 06/20/2009 6:00 PM:
> On Sat, 2009-06-20 at 00:20 -0400, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
>> On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 11:24 PM, R. Brent Clements
>> <rbclemen at gmail.com> wrote:
>>         Let people decide for themselves if they want to bring  a
>>         drink into
>>         the meeting.  I doubt anyone will be doing lines of tequila
>>         shots and
>>         being disruptive.
>>
>> Just watch me!
>>
>> And I will be presenting too!
>
> I'm not as good at predicting human behaviour as I thought I was.

No foul Richard - nobody could have predicted that one. Perhaps not
even Khalid! O-=

>> Should be fun ....
>>
>> (just kidding)
>
> Never mind.

PEOPLE - please drink (and not drive) responsibly: Regardless of the
inebriation level, or progression, of the presenter, please don't
spill your beverages into their laptops - we need all the presenters
we can get. Inebriation should not be a barrier to a good, if perhaps
different than intended, presentation. Let's welcome and applaud all
presenters warmly, even if they aren't inebriated, or on their way
thereto. Do guide them faithfully to the correct meeting room, or the
john, as appropriate. If the john, do bring them back - we need all
the presenters we can get. If you must spill, please wait until they
have finished presenting.

If you must spill, er, christen the launching of a laptop, please
confine said ceremony to your equipment only, not your neighbours.

Getting up to replenish, and returning to someone else's chair for
your ceremony, is 'right out.'