[kwlug-disc] Laptops.

Sun Jun 14 22:19:28 EDT 2009

On June 3, 2009 07:41:55 pm Chris Frey wrote:
> I have no suggestions on what to buy, only what not to buy.  You might
> want to take a visit through Future Shop or Staples and try typing
> unix commands into Notepad.  You may find that the keyboard layout
> becomes a deciding factor pretty quick.

Oh, shoot.  I forgot about that with my last post to the list.

I *DID* replace the keyboard on my Toshiba with a standard US/English one.  I
do not know how the Canadian market let manufacturers get away with shipping
French/English keyboards as standard.  They're ridiculous to try and type on!

$30 on ebay, including shipping.

-A.