[kwlug-disc] Hackerspace membership drive

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Fri Jun 12 11:59:38 EDT 2009

For those of you who may be interested in the hackerspace thing but
for some reason are not on their mailing lists, this looks like pretty
big news.

- Paul

----- Forwarded message from announce-request at makekw.org -----

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 15:23:40 -0400
From: "Punkin3.14" <punkin at mag3.14159.ca>
Subject: [Announce] Hackerspace: General Meeting  July 9, 2009
To: announce at makekw.org

Its Show'n'Tell Time!

Over the past two months, the admin group has been chatting up a storm
on our mailing list, meeting weekly, surveying the public, and going on
field trips. We've come up with some ideas, laid out some plans, and on
Thursday July 9, we'll be ready to share it all with you.

The most important news we can share right now. After surveying what you
are willing to pay, and working out how much money we'll need to be
sustainable, we've come up with the following fee structure:

   * a $100, non-refundable sign-up fee, along with a
   * a $50/month membership subscription fee

At this price point, we can open doors with 25 paid members! At the
General Meeting, we'll find out how close we are to achieving those
numbers, and finalize all of the details needed to complete the
incorporation process.

     HACKERSPACE: GENERAL MEETING