[kwlug-disc] free! laptops for worthwhile projects

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Sun Jun 7 10:46:08 EDT 2009

  since i'm currently involved elsewhere (at least for the time
being), i still have a whack of decent laptops sitting idle.  so i
figure that, for the benefit of others including me, i'm willing to
make these beasts:

  http://crashcourse.ca/node/4

available at no charge to local linux enthusiasts for what i get to
judge are worthwhile linux-related projects. :-)  there will, of
course, be some debate as to what constitutes "worthwhile" but, as a
start, i'm thinking that it would involve me wanting to get some free
experimenting from other folks' labour, but for whom those people are
welcome to putter in their spare time any way they want.

  at any time, it might be necessary to get those units back on
moderately short notice but, so far, there's nothing on the schedule
that would require it.

  in any event, i'll give this more thought if people are interested.

rday

Linked In:                             http://www.linkedin.com/in/rpjday