[kwlug-disc] (John's) Home Servers? {Was: Re: (Home) External Storage?}

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Fri Jul 31 15:20:54 EDT 2009

John, sounds like you have effected what I have merely ruminated
about, repeatedly over the years, but never effected. [Part of my
ruminations has been over what all to put into a 'home server' -
discussions of which have all but turned into flame wars at linuxmce.]

Care to list a 'high-level' overview of the process you went through?
e.g.
- started with CentOS, I presume. (TrixBox? MythTV?)
- added dns
- added dhcp
- added iptables (Guarddog?)
- added big disk
- mirrored
- added vpn
- added VoIP
- added rsync (via Samba?)
- added Mediatomb
- added apache
- might have added e-mail (Courier?)
- therefore might have added spam filter (SpamAssasin?)