[kwlug-disc] Good project board

Adam Glauser adamglauser at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 09:12:56 EDT 2009

Andrew Sullivan Cant wrote:
> I have a dlink dns-323 (2 SATA bays). Runs linux by default, and has an upgrade path to Debian.

I have one of these too, and I'm quite happy with it.  I was looking in
to building something myself at first, but found the parts were
difficult enough to come by that it made more sense to buy a premade box.

One word of warning if you go the DNS-323 route.  There have been
reports of the stock firmware formatting the wrong drive if you start
with one drive and add another later.  If you do this, do some research
first.  There is a wiki site and some forums dedicated to the DNS-323
which are good resources.  I don't have the links handy, but I can post
them if anyone is interested.