[kwlug-disc] Dell Inspiron 1150 Slowness

Charles M chaslinux at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 15:02:53 EDT 2009

Hi all. I installed Ubuntu 9.04 for a client today on his Dell Inspiron 1150
notebook and it's dog slow, so incredibly slow that I can't believe it's
actually a Celeron 2.6 GHz with 1GB RAM. I suspect that the hard drive is
probably failing, but I wondered if anyone else had run into this with the
1150? I seem to recall that Ubuntu was one of the installation options for
this model so I'm really surprised at how poor the performance is. I did a
side by side comparison with my Lenovo Celeron 1.5GHz with 2GB RAM and it
really kicked the 2.6GHz box's butt loading up applications (even calc is
slow).

Cheers,

Charles